CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Alphabet Blocks Update

Hi blogging friends.  Thank you for the wonderful comments.  I go back and read all my comments at least once a week - it just makes me happy. 
I am doing the America - Land That We Love SAL on Wednesdays with my yahoo group.  I did another state border and the letters R, I and C.  I didn't think it warranted a picture.  I am going to try and do a state this week and will post a picture next week.

I have spent the rest of the week working on Alphabet Blocks.  I just love this design but I am so sick and tired of doing black and orange.  BUT, I only have 7 blocks left and the one row of black around the border.  I don't like the flowery border - I don't think it fits with the overall design.  I have just about made up my mind that I am going to get this one done this week.  (If you click and enlarge the photo you can see where I started the row of black around the A.)


When I started both of the crazy January challenges, I figured - 30 projects - 12 months - 2 1/2 finished per month = 30  HA! HA!  I have only finished 4!!  New figures - 25 projects - 9 months - 2 4/5 finished per month = 25 Yeah!  I can do this.  I can do this.  Maybe if I say it enough times - it will work.

I will leave you with a picture of Snowflake and Sparky.


Thanks for looking.  I will see you next week.  Linda

10 comments:

Binky's Blog said...

LOL I bet you are sick of those colors. It sure is pretty though. Lots of hard work. Your fur babies are wonderful.
Brenda

Lana said...

It's coming along great!!!

Unknown said...

The Alphabets sure is lovely a piece I've not come across before. I can see why you'd be sick of the black and orange though. Keep going only 7 to go. You can do the challenge, keep telling that to yourself.

Alice said...

I just love that Alphabet piece! And about the challenge, just remember the saying, "Aim for the moon, and you're sure to end up among the stars". In other words try to make your challenge goals but even if you don't quite get there you will have accomplished something pretty spectacular!

blueladie said...

Your Alphabet blocks are so wonderful. Well-done. Looking forward to seeing snipets of America. As always I LOVE seeing pics of Snowflake and Sparky! :D Cathryn

Mouse said...

oo well done and not far to go now either .. love the "I can do this " ..lol and the furbabies are beautiful :0 love mouse xxxx

Jackie said...

Hey Linda,
Your Alphabet piece is beautiful and have made quite a bit of progress on it. Stay with with it and surely you will be finished soon as you planned.

Joy said...

Go girl!! You are almost finished!!! I look forward to seeing that "I'm Done" blog update!

Sari (saristitching) said...

You have cute cats :) And your alphabet piece is very nice.

Nancy in IL said...

Linda, I know how sick I would be about the same colors, but it's going to be such a BAP and awesome piece when finished. If I'm not mistaken, this one is by Jean Farish? I think another girl on LHNCCN Yahoo group is also doing this one, maybe with the same SAL you're in. Not sure though...

I always love seeing your furbabies and love that you have so many! If it weren't for DH, I'd have many more. Don't get me wrong - he loves them as intensely as I do, but he says it's too painful to lose them, and we aren't as young as we used to be. Since ours are strictly indoor kitties, they tend to last longer, and he's afraid a couple will outlast us, then have to be uprooted. I guess he has a point, but I have so much love to give! Bless you for having such a good heart to yours!