CARS - AvroraCS

CARS - AvroraCS

Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Lots of stuff...

WARNING - Very long post.

Hi Blogger Friends.  Did you all get full-filled with turkey?  I only have enough left for one more sandwich.  (Note to self - buy bigger turkey.)  I wanted to mention that I am still reading all your blogs that are in my sidebar and leaving comments.  I am still getting alot of Delivery Status Failure.  The comments post on your blog but they don't go to your email.  Anybody know how to fix this problem?

First up is a tad bit of progress.

Santa's 12 Days of Christmas - Prairie Schooler

Candy Cane Christmas - Ursula Michael

Progress on the lapghan.  This is about 1/4 of it done.

I was sorta bad again.  I went shopping at Love My Stitch on Etsy.  If you buy 12 charts at $48.00 you get 6 free.  Can you guess how many I bought? - (more than this)

I decided to get the floss for 7 of them.  Joann's had them 3 for .99 and I had a 25% off coupon.  You can't beat .25 a skein.
486 skeins plus about a 100 I need to pull from my stash.  I didn't buy the 60+ skeins of black.  The round stained glass ones are suppose to be filled in solid with black.  I'm not sure if I'm going to do that.  As I was just on the site, I see she has added more of the round stained glass ones which of course I will have to get.
Last time the floss was on sale I bought about a 100 skeins to kit up 3 other projects.  Its going to take me months to bobbinate all this floss.  Helpers needed!!

ON SALE Counted Cross Stitch Patterns - Snow white  - 19.71" x 19.14"  - L768


ON SALE Counted Cross Stitch Patterns -  Elsa  Anna Olaf Sven Kristoff - 16.93" x 12.86" - L132

ON SALE Counted Cross Stitch Patterns - Princess ariel stained glass - 19.86" x 19.86" - L775

ON SALE Counted Cross Stitch Patterns - Pocahontas stained glass - 19.14" x 19.21" - L773

ON SALE Counted Cross Stitch Patterns -  Elsa  Anna Olaf Sven Kristoff - 25.57" x 12.29" - L648

My husband and I spent all day Friday and Saturday putting up our outside Christmas display.  Saturday night we're out there with a flashlight plugging everything in.  (We were still putting stuff out)  You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge.






I need to take some better night pictures.






If you made it this far, thanks for looking.    Linda

34 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Oh you're the kind of people who go all out! I appreciate that. Love driving through neighborhoods where everyone is all in. We don't do outside decorations and my bil calls us the Scrooges. :-)

Margaret said...

Wow! It must take so much work to put up your Christmas display. Amazing! Great stash too! What a deal!

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

What a beautiful house display. Really nice! Great buy on the floss; did not know you could use the coupon that way. Hope you get lots of stitching time in.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

Oh boy what a haul! And a beautiful Christmas display as well.

Heather said...

Holy cow! I bought around 85 skeins of floss at $.24 at Michaels. They had a 40% off entire purchase coupon for black Friday and thought I had a lot! I wound it all yesterday and it took all night I can't imagine how much time that will take you. I want to see the rest of the charts you bought :) you got some great ones it'll be fun to see you stitch! I especially like the stained glass ones as they're from one of my favorite video games!

Kaisievic said...

Wow! You really love the Disney designs, love that stain glass effect! And I adore your Christmas display - it is awesome!

EvalinaMaria said...

Lovely display and so lovely stash. Happy stitching dear!

Claudette497 said...

Wow will those look great when they're all hung up - your house will look a Disney cathedral on the inside! I love the Christmas stuff!

Jennifer M. said...

I'm having that email problem too with my comments. I can't understand what's causing that.

Lovely progress, and love the new charts.

Your Christmas decorations outside look fantastic. :)

Preeti said...

Lovely stash and lovely charts!! You are a real disney fan:)
I do bobbin winding stuff while watching TV.

Preeti said...

Your Christmas decoration is wonderful with all the lights! You have a lovely place:)

Caitlin D said...

Love the new stash!! I'll be interested to see how the Kingdom Hearts Disney ones turn out. Much luck with the sea of bobbins!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching progress. I love those Disney charts you bought! They're amazing. Enjoy your new stash! :D

sharine said...

My kids would love your house as well as your new charts :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Love your light's, we always take our grandsons on a tour on Christmas eve to see all the local lights. Your stash purchase is brilliant, can't fault you with such savings.

Thoeria said...

That certainly is a fantastic bargain Linda! It would take me about a month to just bobbinate those :D
Love the display!

Mii Stitch said...

Fabulous bargain!!! I'm actually drooling on all that DMC floss :D Heaven!! I spent most of last week bobbinating all mine...
Awesome Christmas decoration display!!!

cheryl said...

Hooray for Christmas! Love your decorations. Great deal on your floss ... have fun.

Neilteil said...

Oh, I love those stained glass pieces! :) and you lights are amazing! DS and I would stand in front of your house for hours! Haha.

Rachel said...

Your Christmas lights are fantastic! My hubby's a "bah humbug" when it comes to decorations so I really appreciate the effort you've both made.
You certainly got a bargain on your floss. That would be 16p a skein for us Brits. The cheapest I've ever found is 39p but it's usually around the 80p mark!
I too love all your new charts and, like Heather, would like to see the rest that you purchased!
Two more things - (1) you haven't got a current stash page (can't imagine why!) and (2) you should seriously think about joining Stitch From Stash next year!

Katie said...

More beautiful stash....you crazy lady haha. Love them all and can't wait to watch them grow! I just LOVE your Holiday spirit.

Carol said...

You must have the best stash around, Linda--lovely new goodies and piles of DMC :) And nice progress on those WIPs...

Oh, my--what a Christmas display! I can't imagine where you store it all...

Tricia T said...

Busy, busy girl!!! You are going to have some fun WIP's to watch!!!

Faith... said...

Your yard looks FANTASTIC!!

Love your Candy Cane Christmas and all the new charts! I think I love Snow White the best.

Happy stitching with all that floss!!

Kate said...

Great progress on your WIPs, Linda. Love My Stitch is one of my favorite Etsy shops (thanks!!). The new charts are great; all of the round stained glass ones are on my wish list. Wow, you had fun at Joanns! Great deal; you can never find it for a quarter apiece anymore. If I was closer, we'd have a bobbin party :-) I'm getting my floss together for the challenge. Do you keep all the colors for each chart together on a ring? I do that now, but I'm not sure if I want to do that for 59 charts. Your decorations are amazing!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

The progress on your WIPs (and your Christmas decorating) all look great. That is a lot of floss you have there! Happy bobbinating!

rosey175 said...

I don't envy your electric bill but I love houses who go all out like this! Do you buy a new yard ornament every year? :D

Errrrrrrgggg I love love love those Disney stained glass pieces. And you just made my feel very sad that I didn't stop at Jo-Anns today when I had the chance. I would've bought a few hundred skeins of floss as well (so maybe that's for the better, hah!).

Annette-California said...

Super FUN lights Linda!! WOW! I too saw that same sale and picked up some DMC threads. How cool was that? Great new stash and charts too! Our turkey is all gone!!! Making sandwiches were the best. love Annette

KimM said...

Oh, Linda - your lights are WONDERFUL!!! Great buy at Joann's - love those coupons, don't you?
xxx

Brigitte said...

Awesome new stuff, Linda. These new charts are so you and I bet you'll have a lot of fun stitching them. And .25 for a skein of DMC sounds like a dream to me. For that money you would get 1/4 of a skein here in Germany - if you are lucky, lol. I always love to see pictures with a pile of hundreds of skeins.

Your Christmas decoration is looking great, you must have been very busy to put all is up.

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching progress and I'm drooling over all your new floss :). Good luck getting it all on bobbins!

Sally said...

Wow! I LOVE your Christmas display! It looks amazing. I just love Christmas decorations. I'm like a big kid :)

Lovely progress on your WIPs and fantastic new stash. Wish we could buy DMC that cheaply. We get ripped off over here!

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous new stash. Love them all!

I LOVE your decorating too. We have a house near us that is totally covered in Christmas lights and I love it. I wish I had the time, patience and money to be able to do this!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Awesome display those lights look amazing.